1 Identity, Rights and Responsibilities
- What is a citizen and perceptions of being ‘British’
- How socially diverse is Britain?
- Prejudice, discrimination and disadvantage
- How can discrimination and disadvantage be reduced?
B: Rights and Responsibilities
- What are rights?
- What rights do I have?
- The legal framework: protecting the citizen
- How do the courts protect my rights?
2 Democracy, Active Citizenship and Participation
A: Making a difference
- Who holds power in the UK?
- The citizen and political power in the United Kingdom
- Playing your part: how the citizen can get involved and make a difference
- Citizenship in action: citizens working together to bring about change